We have extensive experience in a wide range of matters in the field of corporate law. A number of the firm's clients are major public and private companies such as Telekom Malaysia Berhad, Keretapi Tanah Melayu Berhad, Perusahaan Otomobil Nasional Sdn Bhd (PROTON), Kumpulan Darul Ehsan Berhad, Malaysia Debt Ventures Berhad, FELCRA, RISDA, Rating Agency Malaysia Berhad etc.
Some of the corporate works that we have previously undertaken were-
- formation of companies (including companies limited by guarantees), business consortia and joint ventures, disposal of companies/ undertakings, take over and acquisition of companies;
- establishment of private universities (IPTS) e.g. Open University Malaysia (OUM) and MUST;
- share issues, loan capital, debentures and other form of debt securities, capital restructuring and reconstruction generally including re-organization and rationalization of assets holding within group of companies;
- mergers and acquisitions involving banks, finance and insurance companies;
- public issues and floatation exercises on Bursa Malaysia (formerly Kuala Lumpur Stock Exchange) and MESDAQ (now replaced by ACE Market) and pre-IPO acquisitions;
- legal due diligence in connection with various corporate exercises including bank mergers, listings and ESOS;
- private venture capitals exercises and unit trust schemes;
In commercial works, the firm has represented numerous companies and individuals in connection with various commercial and trade arrangements including agency, licensing and distribution agreements, franchises, construction contracts, marketing contracts and establishment of consortia, trademark registration, service agreements, mining and logging agreements, etc.
We have also advised several local public universities as well as provide legal services for various private universities that offer distance learning and e-learning. We have wide experience in the establishment of private educational, research and charitable trusts, amongst are Lembaga Zakat Selangor (a Selangor State alms collection agency), Global Peace Mission Trust Foundation, International Institute of Islamic Thought and Civilization (ISTAC) Trust Fund, etc.
Shah Alam branch now deals with port and shipping matters such as
registration, mortgages, sale and purchase of vessels, agreements
relating to pilotage and other port services as well as trademark
registrations for several leading corporations.
Information technology is handled by the Corporate and Commercial Division of the firm.
Between 1998 - 1999, the firm was engaged by the Multimedia Development Corporation (MDC) to act for the Government as its principal legal consultant in connection with the implementation of all the flagship applications under Electronic Government, Multipurpose Cards, Telemedicine and Smart Schools projects.
During the last few years, in tandem with the development of the Information Technology industry, we have been engaged by various companies to prepare and negotiate agreements relating to hardware and software supply agreement, system development, consultancy services agreement, licensing, distributorship agreement (such as VAR), outsourcing, sub-contract agreements, system integration agreement, teaming agreement, maintenance and support services agreement as well as contract manufacturing agreement for IT products.
We have also acted for Keretapi Tanah Melayu Bhd (a railway company) in connection with the implementation of its nation-wide computerization project and now advise several IT companies including Government Integrated Network (GITN) Sdn Bhd, which provides network solutions and services to Government bodies.