represent most of the major commercial, investment and Islamic banks
and other types of financial institutions in Malaysia. Our lawyers have
advised a number of foreign financial institutions and acted as their
legal counsels in connection with lending to local companies.
Amongst our major clients are Malayan Banking Bhd, Public Bank Bhd, RHB Bank Bhd, Affin Bank Bhd, CIMB Bank Bhd and Agrobank Bhd, Maybank Islamic Bhd, Public Islamic Bank Bhd and Bank Islam Malaysia Bhd.
In addition, we have also acted for the Malaysia Building Society Bhd, Export-Import Bank of Malaysia Berhad (Exim Bank), Malaysian Employees Provident Fund and Bank Kerjasama Rakyat Malaysia Berhad (a co-operative bank).
The areas of work covered include-
- Project financing
- Loan syndications for construction, manufacturing and infrastructure facilities
- Property financing for real estate developments and acquisitions
- Aircraft financing involving Malaysian and foreign financiers
- Multi/optional currency loans
- Bond and other debt instrument issues
- Equity financing
- Interest rate swaps
- Loan defeasance scheme
- Equipment and aircraft leasing
- Shipping finance
- Complex loan restructuring exercises
We have been engaged to advice foreign legal counsels on local laws relating to banking and financial matters in numerous cases involving international lenders and Malaysian borrowers. Amongst them were Norton Rose, Clifford Chance, Johnson & Stokes and Slaughter & May.